Mud Cat’s Field Service Department is comprised of individuals with a global mentality. Since over 75% of our dredges are shipped overseas, our qualified field service staff is used to international travel to remote sites and training new and seasoned operators on how to operate and maintain their Mud Cat.
During start-up our technician(s) will do the following:
- Advise and oversee the launching of the dredge(s) by the client.
- Train the dredge operators how to perform pre-start checks on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Train dredge operators how to maintain the hydraulics, engine and electrical system.
- Train operators how to use the dredge and provided them with tips on optimizing dredge performance.
- Provide the site supervisor, dredge owner or procurement specialist a copy of the post training report.
In addition to field training, Mud Cat can host large classroom training sessions for foreign delegations in its multi-media classroom which includes a state-of-the-art dredge simulator.
Mud Cat realizes the impact that downtime can have on the customers’ bottom line especially since many dredging operations take place in remote locations. That is why the Mud Cat has been designed for low maintenance in even the most extreme inland dredging conditions. Whether you are a papermill in the U.S. Northeast, a government agency in South East Asia, or a contractor in South Africa, a Mud Cat service representative will be available to troubleshoot the problem over the phone, by e-mail, or come directly to your site to get your project operational again. Mud Cat provides free technical support for the lifetime of the dredge via phone and e-mail.